If I was asked what three items I would leave in the cosmetic bag, my choice made up: concealer, lip balm and mascara. Indeed, I believe that concealer – it is one of the most essential items in a cosmetic bag. Furilia will tell you today most important tips on how to choose a concealer
With concealer you can:
- remove redness;
- hide traces of fatigue;
- make easy face correction;
- fix a “humming” arrow
The right concealer will do all of these things. Conversely, the wrong texture can accentuate bags under the eyes or add age.
Let’s see how concealer differs from foundation, and why the foundation does not cope with these tasks. The concealer has a richer color pigment, which means it can cover more. There are concealers that can even cover tattoos! The composition of this product is more suitable for thin skin around the eyes. In turn the foundation is designed to even out skin tone. Concealer – to work with flaws point wise.
How to choose a concealer?
Concealer can be liquid, cream, or solid. Most often liquid textures are suitable for the eye area, cream – for the area around the eyes and light redness, firm – for inflammation. However, manufacturers are now trying to create each of these textures universal, so choose the one that will be more convenient for you to use. The finer the texture of the concealer, the less visible it will be on the skin.
It’s important to consider your skin tone and foundation when choosing a concealer shade. You should not choose a shade a few tones lighter if you are not going to do insta-make-ups that look good only in photographs. Choose a shade one tone lighter than your foundation, then you definitely can’t go wrong.
Concealer can be yellow, pink or peach. Yellow shades better hide redness and inflammation, pink ones are suitable for skin with an olive tint, they will hide traces of fatigue well. Peach shades do a great job of correcting blue.
If you have problem skin, I recommend using two different concealers: a fine textured concealer under the eyes and a stick concealer with antibacterial ingredients to cover the inflammation on the face.
As for the sequence of application, I recommend applying the first step is the foundation, and already on top – concealer… This method will create the most invisible coverage. The technique of applying concealer under the eyes and for inflammation is different.
Technique for applying concealer under the eyes:
- Take some texture with a brush and pat it into the inner corner of the eye. The vessels are closest here, which gives a bluish into.
- Now stretch the remaining concealer in a triangle with a brush from the inner corner of the eye to the outer and to the nasal fold.m.
- Check that the outer corner does not have a lot of product, otherwise it will roll down in mimic wrinkles and give age.
- After distributing the product, take a cotton swab and roll up excess textures.
Technique for applying concealer for inflammation:
- Apply some texture to the brush and use a hammering motion to cover the inflammation. It is very important to use a brush, because under the warmth of the fingers, the concealer melts and will no longer have the same degree of overlap as when applied with a brush.
- After completely covering the redness, blend the borders, do not touch the main area of application of the concealer.
- If using powder, apply it to the corrected areas with a patting motion.
If you don’t have this product yet, be sure to try it;)
Featured image on unsplash.com