Casatiello Napolitano – the so-called fragrant Easter bread that is baked in Italy. It has the shape of a wreath of Jesus, decorated with sesame seeds, sugar balls, and a painted egg is placed inside the bread.
In a country where family values have always been in the first place, the whole large family gathers at the Easter table, and the meal begins with this delicious “elegant” bread.
Prepare a delicious Casatiello Napolitano for your Easter table, as pastries on this day, as a rule, are not limited to one.
- Flour – 3 cups
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Instant Yeast – 7 g.
- Milk – 2/3 cup
- Anise extract – 1 tsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp.
- Eggs – 2 pcs.
1. Mix 1 cup flour with sugar, salt and yeast in a large bowl, mix well. Heat the milk in a small saucepan to a warm, not hot condition (40-45 C). Make a depression in the flour, pour milk into it. Stir in a circular motion with your hand, add the rest of the flour in parts.
2. Put the dough on a floured surface and knead for about 8 minutes, the dough should be soft and pliable. Cover with a damp kitchen towel, leave for 10 minutes, then cut into 2 parts.
READ ALSO 8 HEALTHY THEMED EASTER BASKET IDEAS
3. Roll each half into a ball, then form 2 bundles 4 cm thick, 20-25 cm long. Fasten the ends of the harnesses together and twist them together, again fasten the ends and fold them down. Get a loaf. If you want, you can connect in a circle in the form of a loaf.
4. Grease the pan, lay the bread on it, cover with a towel and let rise for 1 hour. Grease the top with a beaten egg and sprinkle with confectionery sprinkles.
5. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Bake the bread in a preheated oven until golden brown for 20-25 minutes. At the end, look carefully so that the top does not burn. Remove immediately from the baking sheet and cool (preferably on a wire rack).
READ MORE RAIN BOOT EASTER BASKET