This Lemon Blueberry Trifle has such a light and refreshing lemon flavor while bursting with juicy blueberries. The cake and pudding layers add so much to this dessert. It is perfect for parties and for the spring and summer seasons.
Spring and Summer seasons are upon us and I cannot wait! I love that the weather is warming up and the occasion spring thunderstorm. I am enjoying being able to go outside more with my kids. I also am loving all the fresh produce that are hitting the shelves.
Lemon flavor is a must for the upcoming spring season and this Lemon Blueberry Trifle is the perfect treat to serve a crowd for any gathering. It has such a refreshing and light flavor to it. The juicy blueberry bring such a nice contrast, taste and texture to the recipe. The whipped pudding layer and soft cake layer add to the recipe is such a delicious way.
This is such a simple recipe and yet, it will be the talk of the party! It received rave reviews from my crowd and I am sure it will get the same high praises whoever it goes 🙂
Lemon Blueberry Trifle
Recipe type: Dessert
- 16 ounces pound cake or angel food cake, cut up in 1 inch cubes (about 5 cups)
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 5.1 ounces vanilla pudding
- 1¼ cup water
- 6 Tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 12 ounces cool whip, thawed
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the filling ingredients and mix well for two minutes.
- Let stand for two minutes and then fold in cool whip.
- Place ½ of the cake cubes in the bottom of a large trifle dish.
- Spoon half of the filling over the cake.
- Sprinkle half of the blueberries over the filling.
- Repeat and then refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.