Looking for a low carb hash brown alternative? These paleo-friendly and keto Cauliflower Hash Browns are the perfect addition to any breakfast, and they freeze so well, too!
If you’ve loved my other cauliflower recipes, like my cauliflower rolls and pizza bites, you will love these keto hash browns! These crispy cauliflower hash browns are perfect with any type of eggs, plus these hash browns also freeze wonderfully for meal prep or to pull out of the freezer for later use!
How do you shred cauliflower?
Place cauliflower in your food processor and pulse until it reaches a rice-like texture.
Cauliflower Hash Browns Recipe
We love how crispy these hash browns are on the outside! Can you bake them instead of pan fry? If you want to, you’ll have to adjust the number of eggs, and they won’t have that crisp edge. See notes for this!
Want other unique cauliflower recipes? Try these cauliflower recipes we love:
How do you make cauliflower hash browns
- In a food processor, or using a hand grater, pulse/grate cauliflower until rice consistency.
- In a bowl combine eggs, cauliflower rice, almond flour, coconut flour, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Once hot add oil to coat pan.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of cauliflower mixture and form into hashbrown shaped patties approximately 3/4-inch thick and gently place in skillet. Repeat with remaining mixture, cooking in batches as necessary.
- Cook hash browns until golden brown, approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately or cool and freeze for future use.
- *Note: Frozen pre-riced cauliflower is not riced fine enough for these!!
- Cauliflower sizes vary. If yours is bigger or makes more riced cauliflower, and it seems like it needs a little extra love to make them firm, add an additional egg and tablespoon of flour. 3 cups of packed riced cauliflower is the correct consistency for these rolls.
- Baking these will not work the same. If you bake these, you’ll need to reduce the amount of eggs to two eggs. We also recommend broiling on both sides at the end to try and achieve the crispy exterior.
Loading nutrition data…