Beauty rules the world! Indeed, modern women agree to take any measures in order to enhance their attractiveness: fitness, botox, plastic and daily makeup. At the same time, ladies are well aware of the risk of surgical intervention, but no one warned of the dangers posed by ordinary makeup products and cosmetics.
And yet, there is a danger.
Make-up, sponges, applicators and brushes may contain pathogens. And ladies, without thinking about the possible consequences, they themselves apply them to the face or neck. As a result, bacteria receive a favorable environment for further reproduction.
And after the first stage of the process is launched, the consequences are difficult to predict. It all depends on how strong a woman’s immunity is. At risk are those coquets that have unhealed wounds, scratches, cracks or other injuries on their faces.
Microbes are not visible to the naked eye, but this is even more dangerous. If you violate the rules of storage and use of cosmetics, the fair sex is at risk of getting not only skin inflammation, but blood poisoning.
And that’s why.
A swarming world of germs
Doctors at Aston University conducted an experiment. The object of the experiment was women’s cosmetic bags. Scientifically, experts have proven that more than 90 percent of makeup products that fill a women’s handbag are infected with staphylococcus and Escherichia coli.
It’s hard to imagine, but a whole world of swarming bacteria can exist on the villi of the brush. They are just waiting for the opportunity to be on the skin of a person. And the ladies themselves provide them with such an opportunity.
In addition, on the part of women it is extremely frivolous to ignore manufacturers warning about the expiration dates of cosmetics. This can entail not only allergic reactions, but also more serious problems.
According to scientists, more stringent requirements should be introduced. In European countries, this practice already exists. Under no circumstances can Escherichia coli be present in decorative cosmetics, otherwise the products will not be allowed on the consumer market.
But in addition to these measures, it is important that the ladies themselves take care of the hygiene of their cosmetics.
How not to apply inflammation on the skin with makeup
For some reason, no one doubts that you need to wash your hands. And this is right, because otherwise microbes can enter your body!
But women often do not attach importance to the fact that applicators and makeup brushes, which are constantly in contact with the skin, also contain microbes. In fact, in the absence of regular care, they can become a hotbed of infection and a weapon against health and beauty.
Here are a few rules to help you avoid this:
- Brush care. This is pretty simple. It is enough to prepare a solution of water and shampoo and rinse the brush. So that later they can be used for their intended purpose, it is important to dry the tool correctly, that is, to fluff it and put it with bristles up. Dry naturally, without battery or hair dryer.
- This procedure should be repeated at least twice a week. Of course, ladies can clasp their hands and protest that the brushes will go bad. But in fact, a quality product can withstand cleaning, and if not, if half the villi fall out of the brush after the first disinfection, then it should be thrown away without regrets. Such a product can do more harm than good.
- A similar procedure is recommended for sponges and applicators. And in order to completely disarm microbes, it is better to use the product for no more than 7 days.
- Lipstick. The habit of sharing lipstick, powder or shadows is an unforgivable mistake. After all, there is no doubt why you should not give a toothbrush even for temporary use. So, the same is with cosmetics. These are personal care products and they do not tolerate unauthorized persons.
- Eye safety. Conjunctivitis can be obtained with an eyeliner or mascara. Carefully study the expiration date and do not purchase cosmetics that have already been used by someone before you. So sales consultants offer to check how a pencil draws on the back of your hand, most likely not only yours. The risk of getting other people’s germs is great if you buy cosmetics not in special stores, but in bazaars or in kiosks. It is necessary to ensure that the lip and eye pencil is always neatly sharpened, otherwise you can injure the most delicate areas of the skin, and at the same time bring in microbes.
- The importance of storage conditions. Even if the manufacturer claims that the shelf life of the mascara or shadow lasts more than six months, doctors recommend ending the use exactly after half a year. The reason is that during this period a large number of harmful microorganisms have time to multiply in the care products. And they are provided with unhindered access to the skin. To prevent possible problems, it is better to get rid of old cosmetics once and for all. In addition to shelf life, storage conditions are important. Some means are afraid of the sun’s rays, while others are destructive of the cold. The fact that your cosmetics “likes” is most likely indicated by the manufacturer in the instructions, the main thing is not to be too lazy and study it in time.
- The punishment for greed. In order to save money, do not mix old and new cosmetics: believe me, it will cost more. By doing so, you simply transplant the harmful bacteria onto the new platform. The same warning applies to old brushes, sponges and applicators. They say that the avaricious pays twice, and paying with one’s own health is both expensive and unreasonable.
If inflammation still appears on the skin, it is worth abandoning the use of cosmetics. After the body recovers, it is possible to conduct a test to check which particular product caused a similar reaction, but for any suspicions of poor-quality cosmetics or expired products, it is better to get rid of makeup.
Of course, a beautiful makeup woman attracts the attention of men, but healthy, clean skin at all times was valued higher than any makeup products.
The choice is always yours, take care of your makeup and it will take care of you.