Today I’ve got 20 Easy Chicken Recipes to make your weeknight meal planning a little easier! I’m always looking for chicken recipes for dinner that are quick and healthy, so today I’m sharing some of my favorites with you!
Easy chicken recipes are endless it seems. I feel like I cook with chicken more than any other protein…it’s totally adaptable, it cooks quickly, and everyone likes it! Whether you’re looking for chicken breast recipes, crock pot chicken recipes, chicken thigh recipes, skillet chicken recipes, or even grilled chicken recipes I’ve got you covered today!
15 of these chicken recipes are favorites from my site, and 5 bonus recipes are favorites that I found around from other websites that we also love! With tons of chicken recipes on the internet, it can be overwhelming, so I’ve decided to narrow down the search to 20, in hopes that you can find a few that will go into your weeknight rotation!
Easy Chicken Recipes You Can Make in the Slow Cooker or Instant Pot
(clockwise from top)
- My Slow Cooker Crack Chicken is easily one of, if not the most popular recipe on my website. I created this recipe back in 2015 and it took off immediately! It is naturally low-carb/keto friendly and can be adapted so many ways! You can serve crack chicken on a bun, you can eat it on its own, you could roll it up into enchiladas…there are so many possibilities! You could even use flavored cream cheese instead of plain to give it a whole new taste.
- Slow Cooker Creamy Fiesta Chicken is one of my most favorite chicken recipes. First, it’s incredibly easy, and it’s another chicken breast recipe you can serve in so many different ways. I love Creamy Fiesta Chicken on a Baked Sweet Potato…try it, it’s fantastic!
- ANNNND my Original Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken. This was what I based my recipe for the Creamy Fiesta Chicken on. If you are looking for something a little lower in fat and calories, or just don’t prefer cream cheese, this is a fantastic alternative. We eat this on quesadillas, and over rice most often!
- Finally my Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken is another fantastic flavor packed chicken recipe. This one is made in the Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker), but you could easily adapt it to be made in a slow cooker. I LOVE Salsa Verde and actually prefer it over traditional salsa, which is why I love this shredded chicken so much. I love to make a big batch of this at the beginning of the week and stock my fridge with rice, beans, cheese, sour cream, and avocados for my family to make burrito bowls throughout the week.
Easy Baked Chicken Recipes
(clockwise from the left)
- My Cheesy Chicken Crescent Bake is one of our favorite weeknight chicken dinners. My son even likes to make it himself. It’s a simple and nostalgic chicken recipe that is filling and perfect for picky eaters. The creamy chicken filling is wrapped in crescent rolls, and topped with more cheese. You can even use rotisserie chicken in this chicken recipe as a shortcut!
- If you are someone who watches their carbs, my Cheesy Chicken Artichoke Bake is one of the best low carb chicken recipes I’ve ever made! It’s a very easy chicken breast recipe, and it’s topped with a delicious, cheesy, artichoke topping. I could eat this all the time!
- My Butter Chicken recipe is a throwback to the types of chicken dinner recipes my mom used to make. It’s not the Indian Butter Chicken that a lot of you love, but it’s literal BUTTER chicken, also known as Cracker Chicken! I coat my chicken breasts with butter crackers, which adds a salty crunch. It’s a simple baked chicken recipe that my kids love.
(clockwise from left)
- MIYM Chicken is my version of the popular Melt in Your Mouth Chicken recipe that has been around for years. I grew up eating this baked chicken recipe. I made a few tweaks to my mom’s recipe and it’s really flavorful, moist, and delicious. It’s one of the most popular recipes on my whole website!
- Chicken Parm Sliders happen to be the perfect party food! This Chicken Parm recipe feeds a crowd, and you can easily shortcut this chicken recipe by using precooked breaded chicken tenders instead of frying your own chicken breasts. You can make the chicken ahead, as well, for another time saver, but then you bake the entire tray when you’re ready to serve your guests for an ultra-cheesy, chicken parm recipe that everyone will love!
- Pesto Chicken is the chicken recipe you need in your life for those nights where you just don’t have the time or energy to prepare dinner. This easy chicken recipe only has 4 ingredients and requires no prep. You will have it in the oven in 5 minutes and it will be on your table in 30. Serve it with a simple green salad or vegetable and everyone will be happy!
Skillet Chicken Recipes are a simple and versatile way to switch up your chicken dinner!
(clockwise from left)
I love cast iron chicken recipes. If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, grab one and give it a try! They’re inexpensive, and once you start cooking it in, your cast iron skillet will be your favorite way to prepare chicken recipes!
- Honey Chipotle Skillet Chicken is a flavor-packed skillet chicken dinner. You can make it as spicy or as mild as you prefer, and the sweet honey balances perfectly with the chipotle peppers!
- We LOVE Crispy Coconut Chicken Strips! These are not necessarily a “skillet dish”, but they are prepared in a skillet. I prefer to fry these chicken strips, although you absolutely can bake them, because the sweet coconut gets so crispy and crunchy when you pan fry this chicken strips recipe. We love it served with Sweet Chili Sauce for dipping. This coconut chicken recipe is a HUGE favorite in my house!
- Skillet Balsamic Garlic Chicken is another great low carb chicken recipe. This chicken recipe is packed with big flavors and simple ingredients. I know some of you don’t like mushrooms, but they are absolutely essential in this recipe!
Easy Grilled Chicken Recipes that are Packed with Flavor!
- Honey Citrus Grilled Chicken with Basil Butter is one of my go-to summer grilled chicken recipes. Obviously this easy chicken recipe can be enjoyed all year long, and you can switch up the basil in the butter and make it a rosemary butter for the winter months. Make sure you use the marinade recipe that I include, because it’s the best chicken marinade recipe ever!
- I love my Bruschetta Chicken recipe SO so much. There is just something about the bright bruschetta flavor on top of cheesy grilled chicken that makes my heart happy! I serve it over pasta for my family, and over salad for my girlfriends, which makes it anther great low carb chicken recipe! The chicken can also certainly be baked if the weather doesn’t allow you to fire up your grill!
More chicken recipes that I love!
- Cheesy Chicken and Rice from my friend Jenny’s site is one of my kid’s favorites. It’s really just a great one pot chicken recipe that everyone will love!
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings from my friends Christie and Dan are absolutely one of my most favorite chicken wings recipes of all time! I love that they bake their wings and they are still crispy!
- Creamy Ranch Chicken Casserole is probably one of the most comforting chicken recipes from my friend Lauren. Get cozy, and make this casserole…it’s easy, flavor packed and definitely family friendly!
- This Baked Chicken Chimichanga Recipe from my friend Kristyn is my boys new favorite dinner. We are huge Tex-Mex fans in our house, and this one is a winner!
- Crack Chicken Tenders is a recipe over at my friend Stephanie’s site, and well… she’s the queen of “crack” recipes! These are a low carb chicken dream recipe. I absolutely LOVE these!
I hope you love these 20 Easy Chicken Recipes and they’ve given you some dinner inspiration to make your weeknight meal planning delicious and easy!
READ ALSO The Best Pineapple Salsa | Just a Taste
First appeared on cookiesandcups.com