1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F.
2. Bring a large sauce pan to a boil and add the rice.
3. Trim off the thickest part of the asparagus and chop the rest into bite size pieces.
4. Place them on a baking tray along with the capers.
5. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and toss to combine.
6. Divide the halloumi in half, lengthwise and cut 1 cm / 1/2 inch deep criss-cross patterns on each of them and place on the tray.
7. Cut the lemon in half wedges and add to the tray.
8. Let bake for 10-15 minutes or until the asparagus is tender and the cheese has opened up and got a golden crust.
9. Meanwhile, make the herb vinaigrette. Chop onion and herbs finely and place in a jar. Add olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Shake until all is mixed (or whisk the ingredients together in a bowl).
10. When the rice is done, rinse it thoroughly in a colander to get rid of extra starch and place on a serving platter.
11. Add peas and most of the vinaigrette and toss lightly.
12. Shave the radishes thinly and slice the strawberries.
13. Top the rice with lettuce, radishes, asparagus, capers, strawberries and the grilled lemon wedges.
14. Finally add the halloumi and drizzle over the last of the vinaigrette.
15. Serve while the cheese still is warm and soft.
First appeared on greenkitchenstories.com