Regardless of whether you are a supporter of natural skin care products or prefer ordinary cosmetics, you should recognize the effectiveness of natural oils. They are a major component in most skin care cosmetics. Among the other oils, few grape seeds stand out favourably, since it can be used for any skin type.
Grape seed oil
The oil that is made from grape seed will help get rid of many skin problems and even replace some of your usual cosmetic products. How to use the oil and what benefits it will bring to you find out in this article.
What is grape seed oil
Grape seeds – the residual product of winemaking. There are several ways to obtain seed oil, but cold-pressed is better for cosmetic purposes.
Cold-pressed oils have more active potential since they have not been heated, distilled, or processed. It helps to preserve its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
Grape seed oil has a set of vitamins, acids and fats that are good for the skin, and therefore has several advantages:
- Acne reduction. The oil contains linoleic acid and omega-6 fatty acids, which reduce clogging of the pores. Acne-prone skin is deficient in linoleic acid, so sebum becomes thick and clogs pores. Grape seed oil has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, so it can be used as a carrier oil for tea tree oil. Vitamin E in grape seed oil will help reduce the appearance of acne scars.
- Protection against free radicals. The antioxidants found in grape seed oil, such as vitamin C, vitamin E, and proantrocyanidin, will help prevent and eliminate the pollution and effects of free radicals (free radicals are unstable molecules that damage cells in the body).
- Moisturizing. Linoleic acid is integrated into the cell membrane to strengthen the skin barrier, moisturize and soften the skin. Meanwhile, vitamin E replenishes lost lipids (natural skin fats that help maintain a protective barrier and retain moisture).
- Reduction of inflammation. Linoleic acid also has anti-inflammatory properties and can reduce inflammation in the epidermal (upper) and dermis (middle) layers of the skin. In addition, phytosterols in the seeds of grapes will help control the inflammatory response of the skin.
- Smoothes wrinkles. Grape oil contains polyphenols, which help fight premature aging, thanks to them the skin will become more elastic.
How to use oil in skin care
Because the oil has a light texture, it will be a great addition to your daily skin care procedures. In addition, it is universal: it can be used as an oil carrier for essential oils, added to lotions, creams or serums.
Before use, test for allergies. Put oil on the elbow bend, if after 24 hours there is no redness or irritation, you can safely use it.
The frequency of use depends on the depth of the problem and on the desired results you want to achieve. Start by adding it to your daily face cream. Then you can add it to a night cream, lotion or apply on hair in its pure form with the addition of essential oil.
Tell your friends about grape seed oil!