Remember the Cartoon Network commercials and specials that showed us the private lives of animated characters like Johnny Bravo, the Space Ghost or Speedy González? An illustrator created a very similar and funny series.
Ed Harrington of Virginia Commonwealth University is a graphic designer who for the past 20 years has dedicated himself to showing us the hidden side of our favorite film and television characters in a highly original, creative and comical way.
This illustrator did not actually intend to create a complete series on his account of Instagram: Nothing Happen Today, which will show these characters in different everyday situations; He just thought about movies and cartoons that he liked and are part of pop culture, to give them a twist with a touch of humor:
I just tried to draw things that I like and I find them fun. Usually, I just think about how life could be different or difficult for these characters. Or I like to think about parts of a character that we never see and what could have been hidden all this time.
What do Darth Vader, Leono or He-Man do in their spare time when they are not in front of the camera? That and more Ed shows us in these 30 funny illustrations of the protagonists of our favorite shows and movies:
1. Playing with Cringer
2. Charlie scissor hands
3. The King of the Hill
5. So that’s what they really look like
6. Jorge is curious
7. This is what a Monday looks like
8. Pooh is in the wrong forest
9. Barbara and Adam costumes
10. Playful Leono
11. For a perfect evil smile
12. Zero in Stranger things
13. It’s the cycle of life, Morty
14. I just took it out of the laundry
15. Star Parties
16. What we did not see in Thundercats
17. I already have the power
18. Dessert time
19. A ballad for Selina Kyle
20. This crossover it is possible
21. Isn’t that very powerful?
22. Macabre decorations from hell
23. Your lucky sock ruined everything
24. It comes, it comes
25. When you don’t have a plan but you don’t even want to go out
26. Oh damn not again
27. I always thought I was bald
28. Skeletor is a complete troll
29. Pium, pium!
30. Food of Friday the 13th