Strawberry legs! Tasty and funny name, but in fact it is quite unpleasant consequences of shaving legs, which are expressed in dark spots, resembling grains of strawberries, for which they received their name.
To find out the causes of dark spots on the skin and how to deal with them, read on our article.
What is strawberry legs
Strawberry legs are dark spots that appear on your skin after shaving or other types of epilation and depilation. They do not bring pain or discomfort, but they do not look attractive. With such irritation comes dryness, which is formed in places of pores and hair follicles.
Causes of strawberry legs
There are several reasons why you get irritated legs, the most common ones:
- Folliculitis The hair follicle is inflamed by bacteria or fungi. Ingrown hair is another cause of skin blemishes. Hair is removed, a new one grows in its place, but it grows under the skin, so it looks like a pimple or a bulging protrusion.
- Dry skin. Shaving cream or some chemical products used on dry skin can cause irritation.
- Follicular keratosis. Your skin produces more keratin than you need, so it blocks hair follicles.
- Enlarged pores. If your skin secretes too much oil or sebum, overproduction can lead to clogged pores. It detains bacteria and dead cells that begin to darken.
READ MORE Drink Aloe Vera Juice Every Day!
How to get rid of strawberry legs
There are some simple ways to get rid of irritation at home:
- Pilling Regular use of scrub will help you remove dead cells and get rid of dark spots.
- Pore cleansing. Take a shower twice a day to wash the impurities that accumulate on the skin during the day. Just make sure to rub with a washcloth in the direction of hair growth and use gentle cleansers for the skin without strong fragrances.
- Cucumber and rose water. Beat one cucumber in a blender and add a few drops of rose water. Apply the mixture to the skin and leave for 10 minutes. Perform the procedure every day.
- House scrub. Mix brown sugar, aloe vera and lemon juice. Apply the scrub on your feet and in a circular motion, rub into the skin with a washcloth.
How to prevent irritation
Shave your legs with care. Regularly change the blade on the razor, use a shaving cream and use a razor in the direction of hair growth, that is, from the hips to the feet. Rinse with warm water and apply body lotion or aloe vera.
Regularly moisturize the skin. Use a moisturizer or natural oils: coconut, sandalwood, castor or almond. Rub the oil for five minutes into the skin for the best effect.
Follow the rules of personal hygiene. Never go to bed without a shower. Take a bath at least once a week using scrubs and cleansers.
Share tips with your friends!
READ ALSO How To Deal With Skin Redness And Rosacea
READ MORE Intuition Test: Choose a Tarot Card and Find Out What Awaits You