Today, about 500 million people use Instagram daily. For a long time this network has ceased to be just an online photo album, many have turned their profile into a business. But today is not about that. Today we will tell you about what pictures and filters can tell you. After all, they can show a lot, even the state of health!
Instagram mania: what can you learn about the person by looking at the photo
Researchers from different universities analyzed more than a thousand photos. And they came to very interesting conclusions!
We decided to share with you the results of this interesting study. So let’s quickly find out what’s what!
Color and filter photos
After studying the photos of 175 profiles, the researchers concluded that people who are in a relationship, use brighter filters for photos than single.
- Also saturated color filters are mainly used by extroverts, and “daffodils”.
- Harvard and Vermont scientists studied about 44 thousand photos, and discovered that depressed, depressed people more often post photos. In such pictures they are in the center of the frame, and often they do not use photo-filters. Most often their photos are black and white, or they are dominated by blue, black, gray colors.
Do you like endless posts about food in your news? Do not rush to be nervous, because such photos can be very useful! How?
- In the course of the research, it turned out that it is much easier for people who like to upload photos of dishes, cooking and recipes to eat healthy and slim! In this case, Instagram turns into a diary-diet, and likes of friends motivate to continue in the same spirit.
There is also a category of people who infinitely post photos of their relationships. Here is what the researchers say about them.
- Most often, such individuals subconsciously want to disguise the difficulties that they encounter in a relationship. And the signatures “My girlfriend”, “my boyfriend” speak about possessiveness.
What else will tell your profile?
- British scientists found that people under the age of 25 tend to smile much less often in photographs.
- Those people who celebrate friends in the photo – sociable, sociable. Those who post photos that are not attracted to the discussion, like to spend time alone.
- Selfies are far from an indicator of narcissism. Scientists divided them into 3 groups: “autobiographers”, “communicators”, and “self-publishers”. The first publish a photo to bring to the discussion of friends. The second make a photo to have something to remember, and not for the number of likes. Well, self-publicists post photos that literally reflect every step of their lives, they try to present themselves in the best light.