Like many delicious dishes, sunny Italy gave us this cake with an unusual name. “Briciola” in Italian means “crumb”, from which we can conclude that this delicate and juicy cake is made from sand crumbs. Cake’s ally is the fruit filling – strawberry, cherry curd, but most often apple.
For the dough:
- Wheat flour – 300 gr.
- Sugar – 130 gr.
- Butter (room temperature) – 120 gr.
- Eggs – 1 pc. (bigger)
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Apples – 4 pcs.
- Sugar – 80 gr.
- Lemon juice – from half a lemon
- Prepare the dough first. It’s extremely simple: combine all the ingredients for the dough and rub into crumbs with your hands.
- Now grab the filling. Peel the apples, cut into cubes or thin slices and simmer with sugar and lemon juice in a frying pan, then cool.
- Line the bottom of the form with parchment. Lay out half of the crumb, making small sides. Then lay out the filling, pre-draining the juice.
- Fill the filling with the rest of the crumbs.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Bake the sbricholata for 35-45 minutes. Serve cooled slightly.
READ MORE: TOP 5 BEST RECIPES OF SALADS WITH PINEAPPLE