Italian Mimosa Cake Recipe. Mimosa cake is traditionally prepared in Italy on March 8, as it is in March that fluffy mimosa trees bloom throughout Italy, which this spectacular cake looks like.
photo on unsplash.com
It does not have a single recipe – in the network you can meet various options for this dish. The main idea is to design justifying the name of the dessert. Otherwise, the composition can be varied to taste – if you want to replace the cream or biscuit, in addition to pineapples, use other fruits. Thus, based on the presented recipe, you can create new options.
For the test:
- chicken eggs – 6 pcs.
- corn starch – 75 g (or 40 g potato)
- sugar – 150 g
- salt – a pinch
- vanilla sugar – 1 sachet
- flour – 75 g
- saffron – 1 tsp.
- butter – 1 tsp.
- milk – 500 ml
- egg yolks – 6 pcs.
- vanilla in the pods – 1 pc.
- corn starch – 70 g (35 g potato)
- sugar – 180 g
- zest of half a lemon
- canned pineapples (fruits and syrup) – 500 ml
- whipping cream – 250 g
- powdered sugar – 2 tbsp. l
- rum essence – 3 drops
- Pound saffron in a mortar and pour a tablespoon of water.
- Beat eggs with sugar, vanilla and salt. Add saffron along with water. Beat in a lush light cream.
- Sift flour with starch. Gradually add to the egg mixture, stirring with a spatula.
- Grease a baking dish with butter and sprinkle lightly with flour. Pour the dough into a mold and bake for 30 minutes at 180 C. Readiness check with a toothpick. Cool.
- Now make the cream. Pour milk into a pan with a thick bottom, add the vanilla seeds along with the pod and grated zest. Stir and put on fire, bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Pound the egg whites with white sugar, add the starch and mix well. Pour the milk through a sieve and return the cream to the stove. Stir whisk, cook until thickened. Remove from heat, cover with cling film and cool.
- Cut off the top layer of biscuit, about 1 cm thick. Make cuts along the circumference of the biscuit, without cutting to the end and leaving the sides 2 cm wide. Carefully remove the flesh of the biscuit and cut it into small cubes.
- Whip the cream until foam. Gradually add the powdered sugar and continue to beat until thickened.
- In a custard, add 100 ml of pineapple syrup and beat with a mixer until smooth.
- Add whipped cream to the custard and mix gently with a spatula. Set aside a third of the cream. In the remaining cream, add chopped canned pineapples and mix.
- In the remaining juice from the compote, add the rum essence and soak the biscuit base of the cake and cut the top. Put the cream with pineapples on the base, smooth, cover with the top of the cake.
12. Lubricate the top of the cake and sides with the remaining cream. Garnish with slices of biscuit and refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
READ MORE The Best Chocolate Cake Recipe