In China, caramel fruit is served both in restaurants and sold on the streets as fast food. In the street version, apples and tangerines are popular, and in the restaurant there are more often slices of pineapple, banana, pear or melon, as well as exotic fruits.
You can use any fruit in this dessert. We suggest learning how to cook this dessert based on pears in caramel.
- Pears – 500 gr.
- Sugar – 200 gr.
- Cream – 300 ml.
- Butter – 20 gr.
- Cardamom – 1 gr.
- Sea salt to taste
- Pour sugar into a saucepan and start heating over low heat. Stir a little, without pressure, so that the caramel does not turn out to be heterogeneous.
- When the sugar begins to boil slightly, pour the cream into it with a thin stream. You will see how the mixture begins to boil intensively. Stir it continuously until the cream is completely combined with melted sugar.
- Add butter. Simmer while stirring continuously. A few minutes – and the caramel becomes completely homogeneous.
- Add cardamom, salt, mix again and let the caramel cool slightly and stabilize.
- Wash and dry the pears with a towel. Leave the tail in place, but remove the core and seeds. This can be done using a special drill, metal tube or knife.
- Holding the tail, slowly and carefully immerse each pear in caramel sauce until it is completely covered with it. You can lower the fruit several times to get a denser layer and add sweetness to the pears.
- Put the pears covered with caramel on a wire rack and leave to dry completely. If you put a plate under them, the highest caramel can be reused. Pear can be decorated by sprinkling on top with a small amount of sea salt.
- Dessert is considered ready and can be served as soon as the caramel on top of the pears hardens and finally cools down.
READ Why Is It Worth Eating Pineapple And How To Cook Pineapple Deliciously
READ ALSO Step-by-Step Recipe Of The Day: yummy tart with mushrooms and caramelized onions!
READ MORE Pasta With Pancetta & Caramelised Onions Recipe
Follow “Furilia” on “Pinterest” and “Instagram”!