Yummy Banana Recipes And Facts About Bananas That Will Surprise You. It was on April 10, back in 1963, in London, for the first time that these overseas fruits began to be sold. This fact was considered a worthy occasion to establish in England a special holiday in honor of the most popular exotic berries.
Yes, yes, berries! This is the first curious fact about a banana. And here’s another ..
- The stem of the banana grass sometimes reaches 10 meters in height, and 40 centimeters in diameter. On one such stem, 300 fruits with a total weight of 500 kg grow.
- Bananas contain more vitamin B6 than other fruits.
- Bananas are not only yellow, but also red. Reds have a more delicate pulp, and they do not tolerate transportation. Seychelles island Mao is the only place in the world where gold, red and black bananas grow. Locals serve them as a side dish for lobsters and clams.
- Bananas are almost 1.5 times more nutritious than potatoes, and dried bananas have five times more calories than fresh ones.
- One banana contains up to 300 mg of potassium, which helps fight high blood pressure and strengthens the heart muscle. Each of us needs 3 or 4 g of potassium per day.
- When removing the peel, you need to remove all white threads.
- Mait Lepik from Estonia won the world’s first speed banana eating competition. He managed to eat 10 bananas in 3 minutes. His secret was to absorb bananas along with the peel – so he saved time.
What to cook from bananas
Most useful – there are bananas in their natural form. But you can use them in cooking very multifaceted. So, you can cook bananas in batter or bake lean banana pie.
Cook delicious for breakfast banana croutons.
Bananas and cottage cheese are very well combined.
Featured image on unsplash.com
READ MORE TOP 5 TYPICAL BRITISH DISHES